Wait for me...I'm coming

Since a child I was attracted to the creation of something beautiful or disturbing from the blank page. In time I taught myself to create using line, value, color, and ultimately composition. My greatest influences at an early age were family members that had the ability to draw and invent new ideas in a place that had few. I have been influenced over the years by artists such as Caravaggio,Rembrandt,Leonardo De Vinci, and in recent years by such new masters: Robert Williams,Todd Schorr,Eric White and James Rosenquist. I imagine inspiration comes to me, having trickled down through the centuries of art, onward down through the artists that I've witnessed along the way with the Picassos and the Van Goghs and Dalis to guide my hand, my eye, and calm my nervous grip to produce something of importance and fascination. Just as walls fall in this physical world, walls fall before me mentally with every new creation. Each new piece brings the obstacles down from their impossible height and allows me to solve equations in the rhelms of structure and depth. I have learned and I am learning still. I am here to stay and so will my works. My iron-clad certainty that I shall be the victory over the victorious is as a juggernaut, undaunted by the trappings of man. I have many works waiting to be whole,so as I leave you with warm wishes in this terrible world, I also offer gratitude for the chance to create something more than I am.

Comments

Popular Posts